July 28, 2011

spotlight on...saintess larnia








Saintess Larnia is new to the live music scene on SL.  She is a British musician who will captivate you by the very first note with her strong, powerful, yet emotional voice. She delivers awesome and moving acoustic covers. She is poised to make a huge splash in SL with her dynamic sound.   She has been singing all her life and is inspired by the likes of Eva Cassidy, Crowded House, Heart, and K T Tunstall.  


Interview:

SANDY:Where are you from?
SAINTESS: I'm from the United Kingdom.



SANDY:How long have you been playing music?
SAINTESS:I have been singing seriously for about 15 yrs. It all started singing along to Madonna in my teenage years.



SANDY:Let's start spending some words about SL :how did you discover SL? what brought you inworld?
SAINTESS:I discovered Second Life through a couple of musician friends of mine Lexie Luan & Blindboink Parham  that were already performing many shows. They helped me get set up and I began doing some open mics and speaking to venue owners and quickly I was up and running as a performer.



SANDY:Did you ever think to use your real name for what you usually do in Second Life?
SAINTESS: think right now it suits me to be Saintess Larnia as I used to sing on another chat program with the name Saintess and I am making connections here on SL from people that knew me on there too.



SANDY:Can you describe your experience in SL:what did you like to do when you were not playing?did you like to go to live music events or to art exibits?

SAINTESS:When not performing I love to listen to other musicians and of course go shopping! I remember trying to rez my guitar and it ended up stabbing me through the stomach and my hair was flying beside me. I was giggling for quite a while about that.


SANDY:What has influenced you to get your to where you are today musically?
SAINTESS:I spent time listening to other live musicians and that inspired me to learn the guitar and they all helped me along the way.

SANDY:Do you think SL could  be a valid showcase for your RL works?
SAINTESSI think Second Life is perfect for promotion of RL albums because  the people listening are real fans in either world.I have written my first song called ‘Faded’ which has been really exciting for me as it has inspired me to write further. I wrote ‘Faded’  about a situation where someone’s personality is affected by another and how they feel themselves fading away.


SANDY:How would you describe your style?
SAINTESSI would say I have an original style and like to put my own twist into songs with power yet add delicateness. I play acoustic guitar and I feel this brings out extra creativity in me.


SANDY:Which are the sources of your inspiration?

SAINTESS: Many artists have influenced me but Eric Clapton & Serena Ryder are the main ones that really taught me about music and imaginative songwriting.
. I will be recording my first song shortly.



SANDY:Do you use other kind of digital promotions?
SAINTESSWhen I record my first single I hope to make it available to purchase through the main online music download websites.



SANDY:Where do you see yourself a year from now:will Second Life still exist?
A year from now I hope to have a first album and lots of original material to share. Second Life will exist and the live music scene will be stronger than ever.

Samples of my music can be found at www.myspace.com/saintesslarnia










No comments:

Post a Comment