January 7, 2011

Spotlight on:WOLFIE MOONSHADOW

SANDY:Where are you from?
WOLFIE:I am from Gibraltar which is located at the southern most tip of Spain.  Across the Straits of Gibraltar from the African continent.


SANDY:How long have you been playing music?
WOLFIE:  I have been involved in music since I was 6 years old.  From a very young age I had a passion for singing.  I sang in our school choir.  At the age of 8 I had my first solo performance on stage.  I was petrified :)  I have had 20 years of actual singing experience in clubs and also performing concerts with my bands.


SANDY:Let's start spending some words about SL :how did you discover SL?
what brought you inworld?
WOLFIE:  I was approached by someone in SL who also had an account with Sing Snap and had heard my recordings there.   She asked me if i was interested in using another platform to have my voice heard.  It was at this time that I accepted her offer, made an avatar and she literally gave me all the advice and tools I would need to begin signing in SL.  As soon as I saw what I could achieve that i wasn't able to achieve in real life I made SL my singing home.



SANDY:Did you ever think to use your real name for what you usually do in Second Life?
WOLFIE:It's not something I have thought of doing.  Due to the fact that many people from sing snap know me as Wolfie.  That has always been my nickname.


SANDY:Can you describe your experience in SL:what did you like to do when you were not playing?did you like to go to live music events or to art exibits?
WOLFIE: I hang out with friends, go to live music events and work with my production company Moonlight Music.

 
SANDY:What has influenced you to get your to where you are today musically?
WOLFIE: Basically it's my pure love of singing.

 SANDY:Do you think SL could  be a valid showcase for your RL works?
WOLFIE: Yes, absolutely.  The SL music industry is fastly growing due to the amount of talent coming into SL.  Music has been noticed in SL and this virtual world is a new frontier for undiscovered talent.  All that we produce in here is a great reflection of what we can produce in RL.

SANDY:How would you describe your style?
WOLFIE  I drive a very high paced show and with it I have adopted a blues/rock feel to my singing.   I strive to make each show different.  My voice is very distinctive due to my own personal style.  When choosing a song to sing I always make it my own.  
 

SANDY:Which are the sources of your inspiration?
WOLFIE: Great artists like Phil Collins, Elton John, Gary Moore and Seal inspire me with their powerful songs to become a better singer.

SANDY: Are you gong to release a new CD?
WOLFIE:I am in the process of arranging for a CD to be made which will be released very soon.


SANDY:Do you use other kind of digital promotions?
WOLFIE:I use UStream to feed live shows into SL.

 
SANDY:Where do you see yourself a year from now:will Second Life still exist?
WOLFIE: No one can predict what the future may hold.  But I do know that all of the hard work I have invested into my singing career in SL will continue throughout the year.  I will strive to be the best I can be.   SL has become my career's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment